If you’re looking for a special event to host, consider throwing an unforgettable dinner party! While it’s essential to provide your guests with great food and accompanying beverages, it’s also vital that you make an impression on them. Check out these six creative ideas for a dinner party that will make your guests remember you.
1) Have everyone dress up in clothes they are least likely to wear vintage clothing or suits and ties usually. Additionally, use the event’s theme to coordinate your guests’ attire. A birthday for a loved one? Bring out those retro Christmas sweaters! A Christmas gathering? Wear festive sweaters and look stylish!
2) Have your guests try to guess what they’re eating while blindfolded- this is an easy task for some and nearly impossible for others. Have them devour their food quickly, so you can see which ones can eat it up before it gets cold. It’ll be a great icebreaker whether you ask them to guess the food or simply offer up the dish.
) Have your guests select a winning dish – you can do this either through voting or throwing out an item that someone guesses isn’t the dish. This is an easy way to ensure that everyone will try something new and also provides a way for you to get some of your friends and family involved in the process. Who knows what their eccentricities might be?!
4) Invite a magician to perform magic tricks – this is a great way to get everyone involved and ensure that your guests are entertained.
5) Have your guests dress up like characters – whether they’re famous or well-known, it’s always fun to see what your friends and family look like as something else than themselves. This is particularly great for children and those who aren’t ‘fashion-forward,’ as it allows them to relax into the occasion.
6) Organize a group dance – this is another excellent way to get your guests involved and have them feel like part of the event. You can also incorporate this idea into option two by having them perform their favorite song!
7) Have your guests bring a bottle of their favorite wine – this is a great way to ensure that everyone will be getting something they enjoy drinking. Additionally, it’s a unique way to ensure that your guests are responsible and safe while they’re out.
8) Have a photo booth at the event – where you can take pictures that can be displayed after the dinner party. You also have the chance for props and backgrounds so that you can put together your very own photo album of every guest at the party.
9) Have your guests bring a fact or trivia to share – while it’s fun to play these activities with random strangers, it’s even more fun when you can fill in any gaps in your friends’ knowledge! You can play “20 Questions” or Stump The Expert” to give everyone a chance to show off their personality.
10) Have your guests try to guess your signature dish – be it a drink or a dish you’ve made in a certain way – this is another classic party game that you can play with different food items to have fun and ensure that everyone is included. You may even have some guests bring their recipes!
There’s no doubt that throwing an unforgettable dinner party is something we’re all capable of. The important thing is to choose something unique and memorable to get the most out of your experience.